- Would you like to do a better job of managing yourself around alcohol?
- Do you keep thinking in terms of “gaining control”?
- Does your social drinking invite conflicts with your significant other?
- Is drinking a precursor to behavior you want to avoid?
These issues can be addressed. Most individuals under the age of 45 have grown up in a culture where heavy weekend drinking has become the norm and for many this creates problems. Many of us attempt to address it by resolving to drink less or less often. This plan typically fails because it is putting the cart before the horse - by that I mean that we lack the requisite self-insight and understanding to address the issue consciously and effectively. We simply don’t realize what we don’t know about our bodies, social and behavioral habits, and alcohol.
I can help by:
- Explaining the biology of persistent alcohol use
- Teaching you to understand our physical reactions which are primarily unconscious
- Teaching you to recognize when and how those biological influences are at work to effect our thinking and behavior
- Develop personal power by cultivating the self-awareness to monitor urges and impulses
Many conventional treatment programs insist on total abstinence, but that’s not what most are looking for. Consider contacting me for an introductory session. No judgements. No one-size fits all rules.